Thursday, February 27, 2014

Measuring Up.......


Have you ever found yourself in a place that you feel like God just isn't interested in you and that maybe he might have realized finally that you are just never gonna get it, never gonna to measure up? It's kind of silly, I know because Hello, He made us, but there are times that I just feel my inadequacies are so overwhelming and so why wouldn't he say Adios Sister, I'm over you!

Here is what I am finding out, He truly is so very interested and HE is NEVER inadequate, which means that he can handle anything you throw his way, It's true! He can handle ANYTHING! What are you holding back from him? What feels so heavy that you feel like it could hold you away from him?

It's time for me to be candid, There are a lot of things that sit heavily in my heart, these things I long so completely to overcome, Fear is one of them, The type of fear that says you are not lovable, the kind of fear that paralyzes me. A great man in my life brought up that fear and doubt are assigned to me by the enemy, they are constant antagonizers in my life. The fact that I know this and that fear grips so tightly scares me, Do I allow it? Is it my punishment for unbelief? Is my testimony valid in the light of this confession? Can God use me? These are the questions that I wrestle with, these are the thoughts that nag me.

Do you struggle with this?

The Good news is this is all normal! These are all normal human thoughts and feelings and Guess What!!!!! We are inadequate! We are born lacking because we need him, Apart from him we can accomplish nothing, and he knows this! He created us, he knew what he was getting into, he didn't choose to take us in, or accept us, No It's much more than that, look at this, if he just "took us in" or "accepts us" or "deals with us" then that would indicate that he had no control over how we would turn out, but instead he created us, he knowingly molded me into me and then he committed to cultivating me, he created us and then chose to pursue us........Just like a good parent does.

Remember the word of God says:

2 Corinthians 12:9

English Standard Version (ESV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Here is the Message version, I love how it says it:


My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

I couldn't of said it any better! Let Go and Let God's strength come into it's own in your weakness.

Praying for you!

Blessings,

Lori



No comments:

Post a Comment